Sr. Product Manager, Consumer Experience
Location: Austin, TX
About the role
We’re hiring an experienced Consumer Experience focused Senior Product Manager to join our team. Our promise to our customers: Freedom from your obligations so that you can pursue your inspirations. We care deeply about making our customers’ lives better, by providing seamless access to Housekeeping, Pet Care and Laundry services. Far from a snazzy tag-line, the joy the Spruce network delivers is tangible. As a small and quickly growing company, there is so much we can do to take this customer experience from good, to amazing. Your contribution as Sr. Product Manager, Consumer Experience, will be a key ingredient to our future plans for the success of our company.
Spruce is a remote-friendly company headquartered in Austin, Texas.
What you get to do
You will passionately solve real customer problems, owning the entire consumer lifecycle for products that power Spruce Housekeeping, Pet Care and Laundry services. These are big shoes to fill, but an exciting opportunity for the right person!
This role reports to the VP of Product, and works in deep collaboration with design and engineering, to craft product solutions as a team.
You’ll motivate and guide product development for the customer journey, working as part of a small, empowered team with design and engineering. You will also partner with Marketing, Customer Success and Service Delivery teams, to ensure that the entire consumer experience is seamless from end to end. Making data-driven decisions is in our company culture -- your work will require a high degree of comfort with framing product investments based on data to support your decisions.
Your day to day
- Work in close partnership with your design and engineering teammates.
- Analyzing data, researching user behavior, digging into product analytics
- Running A/B tests and rolling out winning solutions.
- Work in an agile environment, with scrum practices & principles.
- Grooming backlog of stories against a clearly defined roadmap.
- Scoping new features, writing product specs / users stories and / or defining new product experiments to be run.
- Communicating product features, scope changes and new releases to all stakeholders.
- Working with internal stakeholders to get input on product features / requirements
- Focus on delivery of business outcomes over development output.
- Being part of a team that delivers the hustle, embraces curiosity, and always puts people first.
- We are a startup! There is lots of variety, no two days are the same!
What we're looking for
- Experience with consumer Marketplaces.
- Mobile Product Experience: Consumer-facing (B2C) apps, including Android & iOS native builds.
- Product Metrics: You consider strengths to be product analytics, especially using tools like Mixpanel & Google Analytics to help guide informed product decisions.
- Customer Research: You can design, execute, and analyze customer research to measure customer experience (both qualitative and quantitative).
- Analytical Product Skills: Solid understanding of A/B testing, product instrumentation and measurement.
- User-centered approach and recognition of good UX versus dark patterns.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and skilled in helping teams navigate tough trade-offs, even with imperfect information.
- Someone excited by the prospect of taking on both small optimization improvements and bigger features (including new product or service line launches).
- Belief that great products are made in partnership with engineering and design.
- Consumer product passion (ideally 5+ years experience), giving you some strong ideas (loosely held), ready to hit the ground running.
- Soft skills set including communication, friendly, approachable, open to ideas, generous giver and receiver of feedback.
- Desire to be part of and help create a highly-inclusive culture where everyone’s input is valued - while maintaining the ability to manage the hard conversations and saying ‘No’ when needed.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in product management (B2C product)
- Experience in Consumer marketplaces (or similar B2C products)
- Experience with mobile app products
- Experience with end to end product delivery (scoping to launch), feature delivery and tradeoffs in product
- Experience contributing to roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product