Senior Software Engineer, Platform
Location: Austin, TX
About the role
We’re hiring an experienced software engineer to join our team and help evolve the Spruce platform. You'll be a key contributor on a small distributed team working to upgrade and scale our platform to support multiple audiences (customers, service providers, property staff and internal users). We are all in on serverless, CI/CD and containerization, shipping early and often, and keeping our users at the center of every decision we make.
Spruce is a remote-friendly company headquartered in Austin.
What you get to do
- Propose solutions and drive consensus among a diverse background of engineering, product, and operations team members to deliver the best solution for our customers
- Be a chief facilitator in the decision making process of what’s best for our platform
- Build software and systems that serve our customers, our service providers, and internal teams (operations, customer success, data).
- Mentor other team members to share your knowledge and passion for building high-quality software
- Contribute to the heart of a multi-sided marketplace that is sustainably growing through these crazy times
Who you are
- 3+ years of data engineering experience
- Proficient in building production systems in one or more of the following languages (Node.js, Python and Go)
- Direct experience migrating from a monolithic to a microservice architecture at scale (10k+ concurrent connections)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or comparable field or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of event-based / serverless architecture
- Strong experience with container / cluster technology (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
Nice to haves
- Cloud infrastructure experience
- Demonstrable contributions to open source projects