Location: Austin, TX
About the role
We’re hiring an experienced Data Engineer to join our team and help lead the build-out of our data integration and pipeline processes and tools. You'll be a key contributor on a small distributed team working to build a data pipeline that serves the entire business, from internal employees to external stakeholders like our service providers. Making data-driven decisions is in our company culture -- your work will directly unlock this ability for the whole business.
Spruce is a remote-friendly company headquartered in Austin.
What you get to do
- Drive the build out of a data pipeline and data warehousing solution
- Work with platform and consumer engineers to determine best practices on data modeling, data streaming, and automation
- Build systems that serve every team within Spruce as well as external stakeholders
- Contribute to the heart of a multi-sided marketplace that is sustainably growing through these crazy times
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, or similar.
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or a similar role (scientist, analyst, etc.)
- Direct experience with SQL, data modeling, data warehousing, and ELT pipelines
- 4+ years of experience in software development, data engineering, data science, business intelligence, or related field
Nice to haves
- Experience architecting distributed systems for data extraction, ingestion, and processing
- Snowflake/Looker experience
- Contribution to open source projects or the data community at large (data.world, Kaggle, etc.)